Commend an Employee or Report Employee Misconduct
Quality Service Is Your Right
The El Centro Police Department is committed to our mission to provide the best law enforcement services possible to our community “Every hour, every day”. Our department is dedicated to serve our community through partnerships, professionalism, and uncompromising excellence. Quality of life, protection and service is our commitment. In order to continue to provide quality service to our community, we need your assistance. This is your Police Department and we welcome your comments. We encourage you to let us know about the quality of service you receive from our employees.
If you wish to commend the actions of our employees, you may do so by writing a letter or sending an e-mail to the one of our commanders, or to the Chief of Police. Verbal commendations may also be given to any Department supervisor. The more information the better. Our employees do good work and we want to let them know.
Chief Brian P. Johnson
Executive Commander Alvaro Ramirez
Commander Aaron Reel
FILE A COMPLAINT IN PERSON
If you believe that the conduct of an employee was inappropriate, you may request to speak to a supervisor at our police station any time, day or night. If you’d like to file a formal complaint, you can pick up a Citizen’s Complaint Form from our lobby, or complete a Citizen’s Complaint Form online, print it, sign it, and turn it in to any of our supervisors day or night.
FILE A COMPLAINT TELEPHONICALLY
If the above options are not preferable, you may call our dispatch center at 760-352-2111 and ask to speak to a supervisor.
FILE A COMPLAINT BY MAIL
If you do not wish to make the complaint in person or by phone, you may pick up a Citizen’s Complaint Form from our lobby or complete a Citizen’s Complaint Form online, print it, sign it, and mail it in to us at the address below:
El Centro Police Department – Complaints
150 N 11th
El Centro, CA 92243
INFORMATION YOU CAN PROVIDE TO ASSIST WITH THE INVESTIGATION
Whichever way you choose to file your complaint, please include the following:
- Your full name (You may remain anonymous if you’d prefer);
- Your telephone numbers (home, work, cell);
- Your home address;
- Your e-mail address;
- Date, time and location of the alleged misconduct;
- The names of any involved employees, if known (Witnessing officers and Accused officers).
- Provide names and contact information of other possible witnesses of the misconduct;
- Include a written narrative of what happened. Please be as specific as possible.
- Please provide any evidence you may have such as video or audio recordings, photographs or other written documentation.